A CHALLENGED HEART CHAKRA (FOURTH CHAKRA)
- Do you find it difficult to be open and loving to people you know?
- Is it hard to be vulnerable in intimate relationships?
- Are you aware of your frequently used defense strategies? Do you use avoidance, anger, work, a screen, dissociation, or substances to avoid authentic contact?
- Are you overly judgmental or critical of others? Does this effect your job, career or your capacity to make money?
- Do you “hide” from strangers?
- Do you lack a good set of tools that facilitate authentic connection?
- Do you get into “messy” fights or conflicts with other people?
- Is it difficult for you to forgive?
- Do you harbor old hurts and resentments from the past toward yourself or others?
- Do you ever sense your heart area being closed or shielded?
- Can you empathize with the pain of those who hurt you?
- Is it difficult to feel for those less fortunate than yourself?
- Is it difficult to let spiritual energy and inspiration open your heart?
- Is it a challenge to open quickly to the beauty of nature?
- Is it hard to be deeply moved by music or the arts?
- Have you had a hard time loving deeply and fully?
- Did you NOT feel deeply loved and accepted as a child?
- Do you have trouble loving and accepting yourself just the way you are?
- Do you have a lot of feelings of shame and unworthiness? Does this effect your confidence?
A HEALTHY HEART CHAKRA
- How would it feel to be easily focused on the essential beauty of other people?
- Imagine being able to stay present and compassionate during conflict.
- How would it feel to have a kind, tender, and supportive relationship with yourself?
- Imagine having a useful set of tools to soothe any pain you may feel in your heart.
- How would it feel to be available for “undefended love”?
- Imagine having your heart easily open by spiritual inspiration, and feeling bliss and love.
- Imagine being able to have compassion for those that hurt you.
- How would it feel to be in a loving and supportive work environment?
- Imagine being able to lovingly soothe the wounds of your inner child.